It's Just in Case Thursday - the day where Patsy Waggoner (my Border Buddy) and I share a card we've CASED (copy and selectively edit) from one of our current publications. Today's card uses the A Good Man Cling Stamp Set from page 147 of the catalogue.
Sometimes I switch out the stamp set and/or colours on a card. Today the layout was the same as the original and just some of the colours were switched up. Here's the original card from page 147. The original card by the concept artist used the reverse side of the Magnolia Lane Cork Embellishments for the sentiment piece. I substituted a simple stamped piece.
- Crumb Cake - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 5 1/4" x 4"
- Whisper White - 4 1/4" x 3"; 2 1/4" x 1 1/2"
- Soft Suede - 1 3/4" x 1 1/4"
- Fold Crumb Cake (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock in half to form card front.
- Emboss the Crumb Cake (5 1/4" x 4") using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder and glue to front of card.
- Cut out 4" x 2 1/2" (approx) rectangle from the White White using the Stitched Rectangle dies.
- Stamp the image on the rectangle in Memento ink. Colour image with Stampin' Blends.
- Glue rectangle to the lower right side of embossed Crumb Cake piece.
- Cut out 1 5/8" x 1 1/4" rectangle from Whisper White using Stitched Rectangle dies.
- Stamp the sentiment in Soft Suede and glue to the Soft Suede mat.
- Glue the sentiment to the top left corner of the larger rectangle.
Check out what Patsy CASED today on her blog.
When you use a light blue or gray "margin" around your coloured image it makes the image "pop" and anchors it. Notice the fine Pool Party Light Stampin' Blends border drawn around the entire image.
Here's the products you need to make today's card (click on the picture and start shopping!)If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
- For each $20 you spend (before shipping/taxes) you earn a punch on my Customer Reward Card. When you fill the card (15 punches) you earn a gift.
- Every order earns a free PDF set of instructions for 8 cards featuring the month's Suite.
- When you order $50 or more, I send you two of the cards from the instructions by mail.
- If you use my current Hostess Code, I send you an added gift.
- Click to read all about my program!