It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Today I'm CASING a masculine card that was featured in our quarterly Demonstrator magazine called Stampin' Success. I love all the ideas and tips Stampin' Up! shares with us. I wish I could show you the original card but we aren't allowed to share the inside pages of the publications. My card is an exact CASE of the concept artist's version.
I'm loving the Best Catch Cling Stamp Set and coordinating Catch of the Day Thinlits Dies and when you purchase them together in a bundle you save 10%. I always find masculine themed cards the most challenging but this bundle makes it simple.
If you'd like to make my card here's all the details:
- Mossy Meadow - 3" x 6"; score at 3"
- Shimmery White - 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"; 3" x 2 1/2"
- Crumb Cake - 3" x 2 1/4"; 1 1/2" x 3/8"
- Fold Mossy Meadow cardstock on score line to create card base.
- Crumple the Shimmery White (2 3/4" x 2 3/4") and open up flat. Use a sponge to apply Crumb Cake ink around the edges of the piece.
- Colour the middle of the Shimmery White with Balmy Blue ink and Aqua Painter.
- Cut out the grass image from Crumb Cake (3" x 2 1/4") using the dies and Big Shot.
- Colour the grass die using Mossy Meadow and Soft Suede ink and Aqua Painter. Glue to the left lower corner of the Shimmery White piece.
- Wrap the twine around the Shimmery White several time and tie in a bow towards the left side. Pop up the Shimmery White with Stampin' Dimensionals in the middle of the card front.
- Stamp the fish image in Crumb Cake on the Shimmery White (3" x 2 1/2") and colour with Watercolor Pencils and Aqua Painter.
- Cut out fish with matching die and Big Shot and pop up with Stampin' Dimensionals to the right of the grass.
- Add Wink of Stella to the fish back and tail.
- Stamp the sentiment in Soft Suede ink on the Crumb Cake strip, clip the ends and pop up on the fish.
Check out what Patsy's CASED today on her blog!
Here's the products I used in my card today (click on the picture to be taken to my online store):