It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Today I'm CASING a bright and fun card that was featured in our quarterly Demonstrator magazine called Stampin' Success. I love all the ideas and tips Stampin' Up! shares with us. I wish I could show you the original card but we aren't allowed to share the inside pages of the publications. My card is an exact CASE of the concept artist's version.
If you'd like to make my card here's all the details:
- Whisper White Thick - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score at 4 1/4"
- Brights 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"; 5" x 3 3/4"
- Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 3 3/4"; 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"
- Granny Apple Green - 3 1/2" x 3/4"
- Fold Whisper White Thick cardstock on score line to create card base.
- Glue the DSP (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") to the card front. Glue the second piece of DSP to the card front on an angle.
- Cut out the 4 3/4" x 3 3/8" rectangle from the Whisper White using the Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits and Big Shot.
- Stamp the scissors across the middle of the rectangle and colour with Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends.
- Glue the rectangle to the front of the card on top of the DSP at an angle.
- Trim the ends of the Granny Apple Green strip and glue to the middle of the rectangle.
- Cut a piece of ribbon (3") and glue to the Granny Apple Green strip.
- Cut a piece of Black Sequin Trim to 6 1/2", fold in 1/2 and glue to the Granny Apple Green ribbon. Fray the ends and pull off a few sequins and glue to the card front.
- Punch out a 1/2" circle from the Whisper White. Stamp the sentiment on the circle with Memento Ink and then colour over top with Daffodil Delight Light Stampin' Blend.
- Pop up the circle on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Check out what Patsy's CASED today on her blog!
Here's the products I used in my card today (click on the picture to be taken to my online store):