It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Recently my amazing team of demonstrators participated in a swap where we CASED cards from the Occasions and Sale-a-bration catalogue. Today I'm sharing a card by my team member Pauline Barratt who used the Forever Lovely Bundle and the Be Mine Framelits Dies. When you bundle the Forever Lovely Stamp Set and Lovely Flowers Edgelits Dies you save 10%.
I thought today's card would be perfect for Valentine's Day!
The original card by the concept artists at Stampin' Up! is on page 7 of the Occasions Catalogue.
Pauline made the card exactly as it was made in the catalogue and here's how today's card was created:
- Petal Pink - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score at 4 1/4"; 5 1/4" x 4"; 4" x 3 3/4"
- Whisper White 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Daffodil Delight - scraps
- Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper - 4" x 1 1/2"
- Fold Petal Pink (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock on score line to create card base.
- Emboss the Petal Pink (5 1/4" x 4") cardstock using the Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Big Shot.
- Cut the edge of the DSP with the edgelit die and Big Shot. Glue to bottom of embossed Petal Pink piece approximately 1/2" from bottom edge.
- Wrap the Silver & Petal Pink Baker's Twine around the bottom of the Petal Pink over the middle of the DSP.
- Cut out the large scallop edge heart from Petal Pink (4" x 3 3/4") using the Framelits die and Big Shot. Tuck it under the Baker's Twine and glue to middle of embossed piece.
- Cut out the large heart from Whisper White using the Framelits Die and Big Shot.
- Stamp the sentiment in Petal Pink ink on the Whisper White heart. Pop up the heart in the middle of the scallop heart with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut out the flowers from Daffodil Delight, layer on top of each other and glue to the lower left edge of the Whisper White.
- Pop up the embossed Petal Pink on the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Here's the products used in Pauline's card today (click on picture and be directed to my store):