It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card from page 55 of the Annual Catalogue and features the Beautiful Promenade Stamp Set (page 107).
I didn't have some of the products in the sample so I substituted for similar items I own. That's the beauty of CASEing - you can switch up the elements.
The original card uses the stamp set Friendly Expressions and I substituted the "Many Thanks" from Picked for You and the "You are simply the best" from Varied Vases. I didn't have the Tropical Elements in the sample so instead I added a Tinted Faceted Button. The original used the Delicate Lace Edgelits which I substituted with a strip made with the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch.
The flowers are embossed in Whisper White Emboss Powder on Watercolor Paper and heat set. I then spritzed with water and tapped on some of the Red and Yellow Brusho Powder to create the background. The embossed images resist the powder so they can "pop" off the page.
- Fold the Poppy Parade cardstock in half to form card base.
- Stamp the flowers and stems in Versamark randomly on Watercolor Paper, add Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Spritz the Watercolor Paper with water and carefully tap some red and yellow powder on the piece and let the water spread the colour. You can spread it further with an Aqua Painter if you wish. Let dry thoroughly.
- Punch the strip of Whisper White using with the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch and glue to the back side (left side) of the stamped piece. Glue to the front of the card base.
- Stamp the Many Thanks in Poppy Parade ink on the top of the Petal Pink piece.
- Stamp the You are simply the best! in Old Olive ink on the strip of Whisper White and glue below the first set of words.
- Punch both ends of the Petal Pink with the Banner Triple Punch and pop up the tag with Stampin' Dimensionals on the card front.
- Thread the baker's twine through the button and tie in a bow. Glue to the end of the tag with a glue dot.
Here's the products I used today in my card (click on the pictures and be directed to my online store):
Let's hop over and see what Patsy has CASED today.
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store