Hello Stampers it's Sunday Sketch time, Patsy Here.
Each Sunday Alison Solven (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
I created this card for a special friend. I often wonder if it will be an entire year before we are able to see each other in person. I am blessed with good family and friends and I for sure want them to know how much I care, especially this year.
10 Reasons you should absolutely send Valentine Cards in 2021
- In a world of digital messages, we need to re-connect.
- Honor the tradition, remember the cards you received when you were young?
- Sending a physical cards shows you care.
- Reconnect with those you love.
- You're leaving a tangible legacy.
- The spark of joy when a card arrives to your family and friends will be worth the effort.
- A group text on Valentine's Day is not personal.
- Karma, you get more in return.
- Social Media posts are impersonal and not often seen.
- A personalized hand stamped card means so much more than one you bought at the store.
You can create your card exactly like the sketch or change it up a bit. Here I replaced the circle with a heart and the small circle with a bow. Let your imagination run wild!
Simple Stamping Steps & Directions
- Poppy Parade (base): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Poppy Parade (scallop heart): 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Whisper White (inside): 3 3/4" x 5"
- Whisper White (heart): 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Whisper White (words): 1/2" x 3"
- Flower for Every Season Designer Paper: 3 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- Fold on the score line the Poppy Parade paper to create card base.
- Glue the designer paper to center of the card front.
- Punch out the scallop heart using the Punch Pair Pack.
- Adhere to the card front center about 3/4" from the top.
- Stamp the heart in Poppy Parade ink on Whisper White paper and punch out.
- Adhere the stamped heart to the scallop heart with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Poppy Parade on the Whisper White paper strip and cut a banner end on the right-hand side.
- Glue the strip to the cardfront at the left edge of the designer paper about 1" from the bottom of the card.
- Color the White Crinkle Ribbon with the dark Stampin' Blend Poppy Parade.
- Tie the ribbon in a bow and adhere to the left-hand edge of the strip with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Adhere the Whisper White paper inside and stamp your sentiment in Poppy Parade.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Download the PDF with measurements and supplies!
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!