Today is Tuesday Tips & Tricks series and I'm sharing featuring the Shimmer Paint and Mercury Glass Designer Acetate paper.
I love Mercury Glass and have lots of pieces in my home, especially around Christmas. Here are some of my special pieces on my fireplace mantle. At Christmas I have even more beautiful ornaments I display. I love the twinkly lights I intertwine with the glass.
The Mercury Glass Designer Acetate paper can be found in the 2019 Holiday Catalogue.
- 12" x 12"
- 4 sheets, 2 designs with 2 of each
- There is a thin film on the sheets to protect it from scratching before you use it.
- Look for the shiny side of the paper, turn over and remove the film from the other side.
- If you look in the corners you should be able to gently grab it with your nail or a pair of tweezer to get it started. Then just pull it off.
- It's easier to punch or die cut after you've removed the fil
- If you plan to back the cut pieces with cardstock apply glue to the sold places on the printed acetate so it can be hidden and not show through the open areas. On small pieces I use glue dots and on larger areas I use the Mono Multipurpose Glue.
My card uses the Christmas Gleaming Bundle (Christmas Gleaming Stamps and Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack) from the Brightly Gleaming Suite. The Suite is featured in my free card program for October. More information can be found at the bottom of my post today.
I also used a water-colour wash technique and added some sparkle with the Frost White Shimmer Paint.
- Adds shimmer and shine to your projects
- Available in Frost White and Champagne Mist
- Apply by sponge, aqua painter, daubers and stamps
- Quick drying craft ink
- 5 fl. oz. bottle
- Acid free, non toxic
- Washable, permanent
- Champagne Mist (147044), Frost White (147046) - $11
Tips & Tricks:
- Shake well before every use to disperse the pigments (there is a little ball bearing in the bottle to help with the mixing)
- Add a few drops to a Stampin’ Spritzer filled ¾ with rubbing alcohol to add a fine mist of sparkle to your project. If you want some colour with your Frost White add some drops of reinker to the Spritzer
- Sponge shimmer paint directly on a stamp (wash after use)
- Mix the shimmer paint with ink refills and sponge or use a dauber to add to stamps and/or projects directly
- Create a little stamp pad of shimmer by using our Uniked Stampin’ Spots by inking the pad first with choice of colour and then add some shimmer paint and blend them together. Then apply directly to the stamp.
- You can use it with stencils on fabric but you will have to heat set it.
Other Stampin’ Up! Products to use with Shimmer Paint
- Sponge Daubers #133773 $7.00 (for 5)
- Stamping Sponges #141337 $7.00 (for 3)
- Aqua Painter #103954 $23.00 (for 2)
- Uninked Stapin’ Spots #141822 $12.25 (for 5)
Please watch my video where I share some of this tips.
Ready to shop for the products used in my card today? Click here and you can download the instructions and the complete shopping list.
- For each $25 you spend (before shipping/taxes) you earn a punch on my Customer Reward Card. When you fill the card (15 punches) you earn a gift.
- Every order earns a free PDF set of instructions for 8 cards featuring the month's Suite.
- When you order $50 or more, I send you two of the cards from the instructions by mail.
- If you use my current Hostess Code, I send you an added gift.
- Click to read all about my program!
Here's a sneak peek of this month's cards from the PDF
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE