If it's Tuesday then it's time for my Tuesday Tips & Tricks. I'm excited to share some ideas and provide tips for your crafting experience every Tuesday so hope you'll visit me each week. Today I'm featuring the Silicone Craft Sheet.
You absolutely need this amazing tool in your basic stamping kit. It's main purpose is to provide a working surface for all types of adhesives, keeping your stamping area free of glue. BUT it's much more than that and I've created both a video to share some ideas and also a downloadable PDF.
So let's get started...
To recap my video here are some of the techniques that are easier with the Silicone Craft Sheet .
- Use to apply glue to projects, glue sticks to your item and not your work surface
- Use as a palette for ink – apply ink from ink pad directly to the silicone mat and pick up with Aqua Painter for no mess watercolouring – can also blends ink together to create a new colour. Using the sheet keeps the lids of your stamp pads dry and free from too much water
- Spritz technique – apply ink to the sheet, apply water with Water Spritzer and press watercolour paper onto sheet creating a cool watercolour wash background.
- Use with Embossing Paste and palette knife to colour your paste. Apply a dab of paste on the sheet and add several drops of reinker. Mis with palette knife to incorporate the ink and use on your project as usual
- Use as a transfer for the reflection technique. Stamp on the sheet in Memento Black ink and turn over on to the surface of cardstock. Give the image a gently “rub” to transfer the image to the paper. You’ve now created a mirror image of the original .
- Drop a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the sheet (size of a nickel) and add some water to thin. Use a sponge to pick up some glue and dab it very lightly on delicate cut dies. Let it sit for a bit (not completely dry) and add the delicate piece to your project.
Are you ready to try the Silicone Craft Sheet yourself? When you purchase $75 or more from my online store this week (September 17 - 24) you will receive a Silicone Craft Sheet for free! I'll mail it with your free cards for ordering with me. Already have a craft sheet? You can always use more than one!
If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE