I stamped two cards with virtually the same products but with two different looks. One is a stormy day and the other a sunny day. Both cards use the the Sailing Home Stamp Set.
Which version do you like better? You can leave me a comment to let me know.
The Sailing Home Stamp Set and Smooth Sailing Dies can be purchased in a bundle and save you 10% on the purchase price. The other products in the Come Sail Away Suite are wonderful including the Baker's Twine I used on my first card. This year Stampin' Up! has made it easier than ever to purchase the entire suite with one item number in the catalogue. The Come Sail Away Suite Bundle is #152175.
The Come Sail Away Suite Bundle gives you a coordinating selection of products with one simple purchase. It includes the stamp set and dies bundle at 10% off plus one each of the other items listed.
* Sailing Home Cling Stamp Set (10% off)
* Smooth Sailing Dies (10% off)
* High Seas 3D Embossing Folder
* Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper
* Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack
* Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine
* Sail Away Trinkets
I stamped the lighthouse image in Versamark ink and added White Emboss Powder and heat set. Then I took a sponge dauber and added Balmy Blue ink so that the image popped off the page. This is called the Embossed Resist Technique because the embossed area resists the ink.
The second card was made the same way but I substituted Smoky Slate in this version. I thought it looked like a stormy day on the water. The Come Sail Away Suite is featured in my FREE card PDF for July.
To make either version here are the measurements and instructions:
- Whisper White or Gray Granite (8 1/2" x 5 1/2")
- Shimmery White - 4" x 3 3/4"
- Basic Gray or Night of Navy - 4 1/8" x 3 7/8"
- Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 4"; 2" x 4 7/8"
- Score Whisper White (or Gray Granite) cardstock at 4 1/4" and fold to make card base.
- Glue the DSP (5 1/4" x 4") to the front of the card.
- Glue the DSP (4 7/8" x 2") to the left side of the first DSP layer.
- Stamp the lighthouse in Versamark ink on the Shimmery White and apply White Emboss Powder. Heat Set.
- Use a sponge dauber to apply either Smoky Slate or Balmy Blue ink (depending on which version) over the lighthouse.
- Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy to the right of the lighthouse OR stamp the sentiment on Balmy Blue and emboss with White and heat set. Die cut out the sentiment in the Balmy Blue version using the Smooth Sailing Dies.
- Stamp the birds in Basic Gray above the lighthouse.
- Glue the stamped piece to either the Basic Gray or Night of Navy layer.
- Wrap the Baker's Twine around the stamped layer below the lighthouse and tie in a bow towards the left side (version 1) or glue the Balmy Blue label to the card (version 2)
- Pop up the stamped image on the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Here's a sneak peek of the cards we are including in our FREE PDF this month.
As part of our FREE card programs, online customers earn a free PDF set of instructions for eight cards. When the order is $50 or more, I send them two of the cards from the instructions by mail. If my customers use my current Hostess Code, I send them a gift of two cards from my retired stash (or a sample of the product from my stash).
If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE
In the USA order from Patsy Waggoner's Online Store