It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Today I'm CASING a sketch featured on page 12 of the Occasions Catalogue. The original card used the To Have & To Hold Stamp Set. I substituted the Fable Friends Stamp Set which I've been featuring all week long on my blog.
I'm loving the Fable Friends Stamp Set which is featured on page 30 of the Occasions Catalogue. The images are so darling and remind me of the books by Beatrix Potter.
If you'd like to make my card here's all the details:
- Whisper White Thick - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score at 4 1/4"
- Calypso Coral - 5" x 3 1/2"
- Whisper White -4 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- Granny Apple Green - 3 3/4" x 1/2"
- Gingham Gala 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 4"
- Fold Whisper White Thick (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock on score line to create card base.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper (DSP) to the front of the card.
- Cut out a 3 7/8" x 2 5/8" rectangle from the centre of the Calypso Coral cardstock using the Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Big Shot. Pop up the frame with Foam Adhesive Strips in the middle of the DSP.
- Cut out a 4" x 2 1/2" rectangle from the Whisper White.
- Stamp the squirrel image in Memento Black ink on the Whisper White approximately 1" from the bottom edge. Colour the squirrel with Stampin' Blends - Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake.
- Stamp the grass under the squirrel in Granny Apple Green and then add colour to the grass using Granny Apple Green and Aqua Painter.
- Glue the stamped rectangle inside the frame.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink on the Granny Apple Green strip, add Black Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Glue Calypso Coral ribbon to the back of the stamped strip so that the ends hang off each end. Glue the strip to the frame approximately 1/4" from the bottom.
- Add a Gingham Gala sequin to either side of the sentiment and add a pearl to the middle.
- Add some Wink of Stella to the flower petals and leaf.
Check out what Patsy's CASED today on her blog!
I've been having so much fun with this stamp set - maybe I'm obsessed? I've been sharing samples this week and have a few more so make sure you check back earlier in the week and stay tuned for some more.
Here's the products I used in my card today: