Have you seen the absolutely adorable Fable Friends Stamp Set in the Occasions Catalogue? The images are nostalgic to me and remind me so much of the Beatrix Potter characters Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddle-Duck.
Today I'm sharing a really sweet card using the duck and baby chick images for this sweet baby card.
I love the Gingham Gala 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper and it's perfect for spring, Easter and baby cards. Today's card uses the Highland Heather pattern along with Gorgeous Grape as an accent. I wanted to choose a colour that would work for both boy and girl babies.
Here's what you need to know to make my Mother Goose Baby card:
Highland Heather - 11" x 4 1/4"; score at 5 1/2" to form card base
Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 3"; 4" x 3 1/4"
Gorgeous Grape - 2 3/4" x 1"
Gingham Gala 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 1" (2 pieces)
- Fold the Highland Heather cardstock on the score line to create card base.
- Glue the two strips of DSP to the card front; one on the left side and the other on the right approximately 1/4" from each side.
- Glue the Whisper White (5 1/4" x 3") to the middle on top of the DSP.
- Stamp the mother duck and baby on the Whisper White (4" x 3 1/4") in Tuxedo Black ink.
- Colour the ducks with Stampin' Blends - Highland Heather, Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight. Cut out with Paper Snips.
- Stamp the grass image in Lemon Lime Twist near the bottom of the Whisper White panel.
- Pop up the ducks on the grass using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink on Gorgeous Grape, apply White Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Banner cut the right end and glue to the top of the card lining up the left edge with the edge of the DSP.
- Tie a bow in twine and glue dot to the left of the sentiment.
Here's the products I used in today's card:
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.