It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Recently my amazing team of demonstrators participated in a swap where we CASED cards from the Occasions and Sale-a-bration catalogue. Today I'm sharing a card by my team member Melva Peters who used the Birthday Cheer Bundle of products. When you bundle the Birthday Cheer Stamp Set and Detailed Birthday Edgeless Dies together you save 10% on purchase price. That savings pays for the shipping!
The original card by the concept artists at Stampin' Up! is on page 16 of the Occasions Catalogue.
Here's how today's card was created:
- Pool Party - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score at 4 1/4"; scrap
- Whisper White - 3 1/2" x 3"
- Poppy Parade - 2 3/4" x 1"; scrap
- Crushed Curry - scrap
- Bermuda Bay - scrap
- Basic Black - 6" x 3
- Fold Pool Party cardstock on score line and create card base.
- Stamp confetti images in Pool Party ink on the front of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment in Poppy Parade ink on the top of the Whisper White piece. Glue to the left side of the card front about 1/4" from the edge.
- Cut the presents out from the Basic Black cardstock with the die and Big Shot.
- Glue Whisper White scraps behind the open areas of the presents and colour in using Stampin' Write Markers - Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay & Crushed Curry
- Glue the presents to the bottom of the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment on the Poppy Parade strip in Memento Basic Black ink and punch out with Classic Label Punch. Trim the point off the left edge.
- Punch a 1/8" hole in the right end of the tag.
- Tie Gold Metallic Thread through the hole and pop up on the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Here's the products used in Melva's card today (click on picture and be directed to my store):