I love joining swaps with my team and demonstrator friends from across Canada. Recently I participated in two swaps using products from the Occasions Catalogue and the Sale-a-bration brochure and received some super cute cards! Today's card was created by Laurie Alexander and features the Home to Roost Cling Stamp Set from the Sale-a-bration brochure. This is a free reward you can choose with your order of $60 until March 31st.
The rooster is stamped in Memento Black ink an coloured beautifully with Stampin' Blends. I really love all the textures that Laurie has incorporated into her card.
The checkered background is created using the Buffalo Check stamp set which was introduced in the Holiday Catalogue and has been carried over which means you can still order it!
Here's how you can make this adorable card yourself at home:
Whisper White Thick- 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 5" x 2 1/2"; 3" x 3"; 2" x 1/2"
Real Red - 5 1/4" x 4"; 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
Crumb Cake - 4 3/4" x 3"
- Score the Whisper White Thick and fold to create card front.
- Ink the Buffalo Check stamp in Memento Black and stamp on the Real Red (5 1/4" x 4"). Glue to the card front.
- Emboss the Crumb Cake using the Corrugated Embossing Folder and Big Shot. Glue to the middle of the Real Red.
- Stamp the grass in Crumb Cake across the Whisper White (5" x 2 1/2").
- Wrap the Real Red Ribbon around the bottom of the stamped Whisper White and tie in knot on the left side.
- Add Linen Thread on top of the Real Red ribbon and glue to back of Whisper White.
- Pop up the stamped piece with Stampin' Dimensionals on the Crumb Cake.
- Stamp the sentiment in Memento ink on the Whisper White (2" x 1/2"), clip the ends and pop up with Stampin' Dimensionals below the ribbon on left side.
- Stamp the rooster image in Memento ink on the Whisper White (3" x 3").
- Colour the rooster with Crumb Cake, Real Red and Pool Party Stampin' Blends.
- Cut out the rooster with the Stitched Shapes circle and Big Shot.
- Cut a Real Red circle using the Layering Circles Dies and Big Shot slightly larger than the Whisper White circle.
- Glue the Whisper White circle to the Real Red circle and pop up with Stampin' Dimensionals on the right side.
Here's the products you'll need to create this cute card (click on the pictures and you'll be directed to my store):
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.