It's Card Swap Sunday and today I'm sharing a card I received from my friend Rose-Marie using the adorable This Little Piggy stamp set from the Annual Catalogue.
I love this little piggy image - he reminds me of Wilbur in Charlotte's Web. Rose's card is a Valentine's theme and she's added some of the amazing new products coming the Occasions Catalogue in January. Rose used the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies for the heart which cuts the pretty scallop edge and adds the stitching line at the same time.
Did you notice how Rose's card using a thinlit die but with the Embossing Mat the die embosses instead of cuts? The Embossing Mat is on the Year-End Sale list at 20% off the regular price!
Click to download the full list of items on the Year-End Closeout list!
Here's how to make today's card:
Crumb Cake- 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score at 4 1/4" ; 4 1/4" x 3 3/4"; scrap
Flirty Flamingo - 5 1/4" x 4"
Watercolor Paper - 4 1/4" x 3 3/4"; scrap
- Fold the Crumb Cake cardstock in half to form card base.
- Emboss the top of the Flirty Flamingo using the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Die* and the Embossing Mat with the Big Shot. You are embossing the cardstock and not cutting it.
- Glue the Flirty Flamingo cardstock to the front of the card.
- Cut out the heart scallop frame from the Crumb Cake piece. Glue to the middle of the Flirty Flamingo piece. You create the frame by nesting a heart inside the scallop heart.
- Cut out the heart from the Watercolor Paper using the Be Mine Stitched Dies* and Big Shot.
- Stamp the piggy in Memento ink on the Watercolor Paper. Colour with Flirty Flamingo using the Aqua Painter.
- Colour some dirt with an Aqua Painter and Crumb Cake ink.
- Add a Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequin* to the ear of the pig and add a rhinestone in the middle of the flower.
- Glue the stamped heart inside the scallop frame heart.
- Stamp "Loves You" in Flirty Flamingo ink on the scrap of Watercolor Paper and punch with 1" circle punch.
- Cut out scallop circle with the 1 1/8" scallop punch. Glue the stamped circle to the scallop circle. Pop up in the lower right corner with a Stampin' Dimensional.
Would you like to make this card at home? All the materials needed for today's card are available through me in my online store. Some products* will not be available until January 3rd in the launch of the Occasions Catalogue.