It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
My card uses the Tropical Escape Suite of products including the Tropical Chic Stamp Set and Tropical Thinlits Dies. I based my card Case on a card from page 120 of the Annual Catalogue which featured the Tropical Escape Suite. I love this suite so much that it's our featured stamps and accessories for December in our Border Buddy Free Card Program. The Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper will be the featured patterned paper in my One Sheet Wonder Series every Tuesday in December too!
I also used the pretty Tropical Elements from the Suite with some Linen Thread along with the Granny Apple Green 1/2" Textured Weave Ribbon.
Here's how I created today's card:
- Whisper White Thick - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" to create card base.
- Whisper White - 3" x 2"; 3 1/2" x 5/8"
- Blushing Bride - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
- Lemon Lime Twist - 3" x 1 1/2"
- Granny Apply Green - 3" x 1 1/2"
- Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 4"; 3" x 3"
- Fold Whisper White Thick on score line and create card base.
- Adhere the Designer Series Paper to the front of the card.
- Cut the frame die on the top portion of the Blushing Bride piece using the thinlits and Big Shot.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper (dot pattern) to the top of the larger DSP so that it will show through the cut frame.
- Pop up the Blushing Bride die cut piece on the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut two palm die leaves from the Lemon Lime Twist and Granny Apple Green cardstock using the thinlits and Big Shot.
- Glue the palm leaves to the lower left corner of the Blushing Bride piece.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and glue across the bottom of the Blushing Bride.
- Stamp the word "thanks" in Memento ink on the Whisper White strip. Banner cut the ends of the banner. Pop up on the ribbon.
- Stamp the leaf in Granny Apple Green ink on the Whisper White piece and cut out with coordinating die and Big Shot.
- Pop up leaf with Stampin' Dimensional on the left side of the banner.
- Thread a piece of Linen Thread through the button and tie a bow on top. Glue dot to the stamped leaf.
Here are the products I used in my card today (click on the pictures and be directed to my store):