While I try to use as many of the colours as I can from the palette this month I had to leave out Basic Black. But I managed to use Gray Granite, Petal Pink, Merry Merlot & Whisper White.
I've been having so much fun with the Snowflake Showcase Promotion products available only in the month of November and ONLY while supplies last. Today's card uses the Snow is Glistening Stamp Set and Snowfall Thinlits Dies from the promotion.
The colours below the gorgeous snowflake (cut from the White Velvet Paper which is part of the promotion) is created by stamping the snowflake image several times in Grey Granite and Petal Pink. I used the negative piece of the snowflake to make sure I was staying within the size of the snowflake. So I laid my snowflake stencil down on the paper and stamped inside the negative space.
Here's how to make today's card:
- Whisper White Thick - 11" x 4 1/4"
- Whisper White - 4 1/4" x 4" (for stencil); scrap
- Velvet White Paper - 4" x 4 1/4"
- Petal Pink - 4 1/4" x 1/2"
- Gray Granite - 4 1/4" x 3/4"
- Score the Whisper White at 5 1/2", fold to form card base.
- Adhere the strip of Gray Granite to the bottom edge of the card front.
- Cut out the large snowflake die from the White Velvet paper using the Snowfall Thinlits Dies and Big Shot.
- Cut another snowflake from a piece of Whisper White. You will save the snowflake for another project and use the stencil created by the negative space.
- Lay the snowflake stencil in the middle of the card front and stamp the snowflake image several times in Grey Granite. Stamp additional snowflakes in Petal Pink. Ink the dot image in Merry Merlot and stamp around the outside edge. Remove stencil.
- Pop up the White Velvet snowflake on top of the stamped area with a Stampin' Dimensional.
- Ink the "Merry" in Merry Merlot (with Stampin' Write Marker*) and stamp on the left side of the Petal Pink strip. Clean and ink the "Christmas" in Merry Merlot and stamp on the right side of the strip. Leave enough room in the middle for the snowflake.
- Glue the Petal Pink strip across the middle of the White Velvet snowflake.
- Ink the snowflake image in Merry Merlot and stamp on scrap Whisper White. Cut out with matching die from the Snowfall Thinlits Dies using the Big Shot.
- Pop up the snowflake with a Stampin' Dimensiona between the "Merry" and "Christmas" on the Petal Pink strip.
- Add a rhinestone to the center of the snowflake.
- Wrap Merry Merlot ribbon around the bottom edge of the card front above the Grey Granite and tie in a bow towards the left side.
*The Merry Merlot Stampin' Write Marker is available in two options. The first is in a multi-pack with the Neutral collection and the second is in a New Color Assortment, a configuration only available for 2018/19. I recommend this option because it includes all the new colours added in the Colour Refresh.