It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
My card is based on a project from page 40 of the Holiday Catalogue featuring the Flourish Filigree Stamp Set.
The elements are the same but I changed the project to a card from a gift tag. I find it easy to take a project in the catalogues and turn them into a card front.
I love the Snowflakes & Stars Wire Elements in the Holiday Catalogue and popped a few under the sentiment piece to give it some elegance. The addition of the Copper Metallic Thread adds even more textures to the card.
Here's how I made today's card:
Very Vanilla - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 3" x 2"
Copper Foil Sheet.- 5 1/4" x 4"
Cherry Cobbler - 5" x 3 3/4"
- Score theVery Vanilla cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") at 4 1/4" and fold to create card.
- Stamp the flourish image in Cherry Cobbler ink in the center of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Glue the Cherry Cobbler cardstock to the Copper Foil Sheet mat and glue both to the front of the card.
- Wrap some Copper Metallic Thread around your fingers and tape to the middle of the flourish.
- Stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink on the Very Vanilla piece.
- Punch out the sentiment with the Pretty Label Punch.
- Glue dot two of the snowflakes to the tag.
- Pop up the tag in the middle of the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add metallic pearls to the card randomly.