It's the third Wednesday of the month so that means it's time for Color Without Borders Series. My Border Buddy, Patsy Waggoner, and I each create a project using the colour palette of the month. This month features a rich offering of warm fall colours. In my house you know it's getting cooler when we take the air conditioners out for the season.
I try and use as many of the colours as I can each month and this time I was able to use Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Mossy Meadow.
I love the Country Lane Suite of products from the Holiday Catalogue and it's also the suite we've chosen to feature in our free card program for October. When you purchase any amount through my online store you receive a PDF with 8 cards made using our featured suite! The Crushed Curry is embossed with the amazing new Tin Tile Dynamic Embossing Folder which is also part of the Country Lane Suite. It's fabulous!
I used the Country Lane Designer Series Paper and paired it with the Regals 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper. I love these packs of paper because you get 40 sheets, 2 each of 2 double-sized designs in the 10 colours of their collection. I can always easily pick out patterned papers that match my colour palette.
Here's how to make today's card:
- Mossy Meadow - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Crushed Curry - 5 1/4" x 4"
- Whisper White - 3" x 3"
- Country Home Designer Series Paper - 5" x 2"; 4" x 3/4"
- Cajun Craze Designer Series Paper - 6" x 6" Regals Collection - 2 7/8" x 2 7/8"
- Score the Mossy Meadow at 4 1/4", fold to form card base.
- Emboss the Crushed Curry piece using the Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Big Shot. Glue the embossed piece to the front of the card.
- Glue the 5" x 2" Country Home Designer Series Paper (DSP) to the left side of the Crushed Curry.
- Glue the Cajun Craze DSP to the card as shown in the picture. Glue the strip of Country Home DSP to the Cajun Craze.
- Ink the flower arrangement in Crushed Curry, stamp off on a scrap piece and then on the Whisper White.
- Ink the sentiment in Mossy Meadow and stamp on top of the flowers.
- Cut out with the Stitched Shape circle using the framelits and Big Shot.
- Pop up the circle on top of the Cajun Craze with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add two Leaves Trinkets behind the circle with Glue Dots.