It's the third Wednesday of the month so that means it's time for Color Without Borders Series. My Border Buddy, Patsy Waggoner, and I each create a project using the colour palette of the month. This month feature some fun and bright colours including new colours Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Lovely Lipstick.
I always challenge myself to use all the colours in the palette if I can and this month I managed to use them all except Lovely Lipstick. I pulled an Annual Catalogue set called Oh So Eclectic from my stampin' shelves and forgot how much I love this 2 step set.
I stamped the outer flower line in Gorgeous Grape and then stamped the bolder image in Highland Heather. These two colours go together beautifully! The ribbon is also Gorgeous Grape. The center of the flowers are Daffodil Delight and the leaves are Granny Apple Green.
If you haven't noticed the 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper on page 191 of the Annual Catalogue. It comes in Brights, Regals, Subtles, Neutrals, 2018-2020 In Color and 2017-2019 In Color collections. The collections include 40 sheets, 2 each of 2 double-sided designs in 10 colours. I used the Highland Heather from the Subtles selection.
Here's how to make today's card:
- Whisper White Thick - 11" x 4 1/4"
- Gorgeous Grape - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
- Highland Heather DSP - 5" x 3 3/4"
- Granny Apple Green - 3" x 3"
- Daffodil Delight - 2 5/8" x 2 5/8"
- Whisper White - 3" x 3"; 2" x 2"; scrap
- Score the Whisper White Thick at 5 1/2", fold to form card base.
- Glue the Highland Heather DSP to the Gorgeous Grape mat.
- Stamp the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape on the scrap and punch with Classic Label punch.
- Glue to the lower right side of the DSP affixing one end to the back of the Gorgeous Grape mat.
- Glue the piece to the front of the card.
- Cut out the scallop square from Granny Apple Green using the Layering Square Framelits Dies and Big Shot. Glue the scallop square to the top of the Highland Heather at an angle.
- Glue the Daffodil Delight square on top of the scallop.
- Cut out the medium square from the Whisper White (3" x 3") using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and Big Shot.
- Stamp the outline flower image in Gorgeous Grape two times on the square and one on the scrap of Whisper White.
- Stamp the inside of the flowers with Highland Heather.
- Stamp the center of the flower in Daffodil Delight.
- Stamp the leaves in Granny Apple Green.
- Cut out the flower with the Eclectic Layers Thinlits or fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Pop up flower in between the two stamped flowers with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Glue the stamped piece on the Daffodil Delight at angle.
- Tie the Gorgeous Grape ribbon in a bow and glue dot to the bottom of the stamped piece.