It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card from page 32 of the Annual Catalogue and features the Floral Frames Stamp Set (page 135).
Here's the original card which used the Special Celebrations and Floral Frames Stamps. The catalogue sample was for a gift bag but I adapted it to a card instead.
The gorgeous lacy frame is from the Delightfully Detailed Designer Series Paper are 8 sheets of laser-cut designs, 4 each of 2 designs, 12" x 12". I cut out this frame from a larger sheet.
I cut out the frame, leaves and flowers with the matching Foliage Frame Framelits Dies and when you purchase them with the Floral Frames Stamp Set you save 10%.
I coloured the flowers with Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends. I love the colour combo with the Soft Sea Foam and Pear Pizzazz.
Here's how I made today's card:
Soft Sea Foam - 10 1/2" x 3 3/4"; 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"; 3" x 3"
Whisper White - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"; 3" x 3 1/2"
Pear Pizzazz - 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Delightfully Detailed DSP - one panel
- Score the Soft Sea Foam cardstock at 5 1/4" and fold to create card.
- Cut out one panel from the Delightfully Detailed DSP and carefully glue to front of card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Cut out the frame from the Pear Pizzazz with the Foliage Frame Framelits Dies and Big Shot.
- Cut 2 of each leaf die from Soft Sea Foam (3" x 3") with the Foliage Frame Framelits Dies and Big Shot. Glue on to the Pear Pizzaz frame.
- Cut a 2 1/4" circle from the Soft Sea Foam (2 1/2" x 2 1/2") with the Layered Circles Framelits and Big Shot.
- Cut the medium circle from the Whisper White cardstock with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and Big Shot.
- Stamp the words in Calypso Coral ink on the circle and glue to the Soft Sea Foam circle. Glue both to the middle of the Pear Pizzazz frame.
- Stamp the flowers in Calypso Coral ink - 2 of each size.
- Colour with Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends and cut out with coordinating framelits and Big Shot.
- Glue the flowers to the top right and bottom left of the frame.
- Cut apart the two small flowers and pop one of each on top of the other flowers on the frame with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Pop up the completed frame with Stampin' Dimensionals in the middle of the panel on the card.
- Add small pearls from the artisan pearls to the centre of each popped up flower.
Here's the products I used today in my card (click on the pictures and be directed to my online store):