I'm beginning to think I should call Monday Dandelion Wishes day on my blog because I've been sharing cards made with this set on Mondays! I love it so much!
Today's card uses patterned paper from the 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper packs. I love these packs so much because you get a variety of designs in every colour of the collections. No more hunting for the perfect DSP.
I embossed the dandelion image in white on the Designer Series Paper and then used a dauber and ink to add colour so that it would "pop". I also stamped the dandelion image in the same colour as the cardstock to create a tone-on-tone look.
Here's how I made today's card:
- Whisper White: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2”, 3 1/8" x 2 7/8"
- Blueberry Bushel: 5 ½” x 4”
- Brights 6" x 6" DSP: 3" x 2 3/4"
- Fold Whisper White in ½ to form card base.
- Stamp the dandelion image in Blueberry Bushel ink on Blueberry Bushel cardstock. Glue to the front of the card.
- Stamp the dandelion in Versamark ink on the patterned paper, add White Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Use a dauber to add Crushed Curry ink to the center of the dandelion. The embossed area will resist the ink and make the image "pop" off the page.
- Stamp the sentiment in Blueberry Bushel ink on the lower right corner.
- Wrap ribbon around the left edge and tie in a bow.
- Glue the stamped piece to the Whisper White mat.
- Pop up the stamped piece on the card front approximately 1/4" from the left edge with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add a rhinestone to the centre of the dandelion.
Want to make this card at home? Here's the products you'll need from my online store: