I'm excited to share my New Series on my blog every Tuesday called One Sheet Wonder...well it's new to me. I'm joining my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner on her weekly series showing you how to cut a 12" x 12" piece of Designer Series Paper with a pattern to make 9 cards.
This month we're featuring the Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper which is part of the Nature's Poem Suite of products. Patsy and I are featuring this Suite in our Free Card Program so we wanted to show you some more cards you can make with some of the awesome products in the suite.
Here's how to make today's card with piece B from the pattern:
- Fold the Mint Macaron (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") in half to create card base.
- Emboss the skeleton leaves (from the Nature's Roots Framelits Dies on the Cajun Craze layer (5 1/4" x 4") using the new Embossing Mats and Big Shot. Glue piece to card front.
- Glue the Piece B Designer Series Paper (5 1/2" x 1 1/2") across the bottom of the Cajun Craze layer.
- Ink the tall tree (from Rooted in Nature) truck with the Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker and the leaves with the Old Olive marker. Add some Mossy Meadow with the marker by tapping it randomly on the Old Olive. Use a sponge to gently blend the two greens.
- Huff (adds moisture to the ink) on the stamp with your breath and stamp on the Whisper White cardstock (3 1/2" x 2 3/8").
- Ink the tree again (trunk in Soft Suede & branches in Mossy Meadow) and stamp on a scrap piece of Whisper White. Cut out with matching frame lit (from Nature's Roots Framelits Dies). Glue to the right of the first stamped tree.
- Stamp the words (from Rooted in Nature) once in Soft Suede and one in Old Olive ink on a scrap piece of Whisper White. Cut out the words you wish to use and glue the top left corner of the stamped piece.
- Glue the stamped piece to the Mint Macaron layer (3 3/8" x 2 1/2").
- Wrap a piece of Linen Thread around the bottom of the Mint Macaron several times and tie in a bow on the front,
- Pop up the piece with Stampin' Dimensionals on the right side of the card front.
I made a fast live video for my VIP customer Facebook Group (membership is easy - purchase $50 from me and you'll get your invite) showing you some tips on how to make this card.
Here's the pattern including measurements for each piece of DSP. Cut it as follows:
Cut 1 - cut your 12" x 12" paper to 8 1/2" x 11"
Cut 2 - cut at 5 1/2" from one side and then cut pieces F, G, H & I
Cut 3 - cut at 2 1/2"* and cut pieces D and E
Cut 4 - turn remaining piece lengthwise and cut at 3" (for piece C)
Cut 5 - cut remaining piece at 1 1/2* for pieces A & B
*Corrected from original post
Let's hop over to Patsy's blog today and see what she created with the One Sheet Wonder pattern.
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store