It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue featuring the Lovely as a Tree stamp set. This set is the longest tenured stamp set in our catalogue and it's back next year too! The original card is on page 137.
I wanted to keep some of the elements of the card in my CASE today as many of these items are carrying forward to the 2018-2019 catalogue.
Here's my take on this card layout using a new stamp set coming in the Annual Catalogue on June 1st called Rooted in Nature.
The Rooted in Nature stamp set has a coordinating Framelits dies set so no fussy cutting if you want to cut out the trees and other elements. I love when stamps have matching punches or dies. Patsy and I love this bundle so much we are showcasing them in our Free Card program for June. When you make any purchase through my online store you will receive a PDF by mail with card instructions for 8 cards using the stamps, embellishments and Designer Series Papers from the Suite.
I inked up the trees with Stampin' Write Markers directly on the rubber. This is an easy way to add more than one colour to the image. In this card I inked up the trunks with Early Espresso, the trees in Pear Pizzazz and then I tapped Mossy Meadow on top and blended it by tapping all over with a sponge. That's how I got the two tone colours on the trees. I also added some Wink of Stella to make them shine a little.
I love the 1/4" Copper Trim and I'm so excited it's carrying forward into the new catalogue. You can pull apart the thread with your nail and give it a really rustic look. I'm also thrilled that the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack is also carrying over. You get 48 - 6"x 6" sheets, 4 each of 12 designs in each stack!
Here's how to make today's card:
Pear Pizzazz - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Wood Textures DSP - 2 3/4" x 4"
Very Vanilla - 4" x 3"
- Fold Pear Pizzazz cardstock in half to form card base.
- Ink the leaf image in Pear Pizzazz and stamp on the upper left and lower right corner of the card front.
- Banner cut the end of the Wood Textures DSP.
- Stamp the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink on the lower part of the banner.
- Cut out the large oval shape from Very Vanilla cardstock using the Stitched Shapes framelits die and Big Shot.
- Ink the trees by colouring on the rubber directly with Early Espresso (trunks) and Pear Pizzazz and Mossy Meadow (trees) Stampin' Write Markers. Blend the colours by gently tapping all over with sponge.
- Stamp the trees on the Very Vanilla oval. Glue to the banner.
- Add Clear Wink of Stella Glimmer to the trees.
- Wrap a piece of Copper Trim around the bottom of the oval and affix to the back of the banner.
- Tie a bow with the Copper Trim ribbon and fray the ends by pulling the threads gently apart. Glue dot to the oval.
- Pop up the stamped piece/banner with Stampin' Dimensionals on the card front.
Let's hop over and see what Patsy has CASED today.