It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card from the upcoming 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue. The original card is on page 142 (if you have your catalogue already in the mail) and used the Rooted in Nature stamp set. You can purchase these products starting tomorrow!
For my card today I used new products coming on June 1st including a brand new Designer Series Paper called Nature's Poem which according the write up in the catalogue includes "arboreal imagery". The paper includes 12 sheets, 12" x 12", 2 each of 6 designs in Blackberry Bliss (an amazing returning rich purple), Cajun Craze (like in today's card), Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron, Petal Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suite, Tranquil Tide and Whisper White.
I love the rich Tranquil Tide colour which I used for the card base and for the ink. Patsy and I love this Rooted in Nature stamp set with matching Nature Roots Framelits that we are featuring these products in our June Free Border Buddy PDF Cards.
Read all about my free card program here!
Here's how I made today's card:
Tranquil Tide - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper (DSP) - 2" x 5"
Whisper White - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Crumb Cake - 3 1/4" x 1/2"
- Fold the Tranquil Tide cardstock in half to form card base.
- Stamp the skeleton leaf image in Tranquil Tide on the card base randomly.
- Glue the DSP to the card front approximately 1/2" from bottom edge flush with right side of the card front.
- Cut a piece of Burlap Ribbon (3 1/2") and glue on top of DSP towards right side.
- Stamp the wide tree in Tranquil Tide ink on the Whisper White piece.
- Cut out the image with the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits using the Big Shot.
- Add a Leave Trinket to the lower left corner of the circle with a glue dot.
- Stamp the words in Crumb Cake ink on the Crumb Cake strip and then cut each end at an angle.
- Pop up the strip to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add a Leave Trinket under this stamped piece.
- Tie a bow from Linen Thread and glue dot below the stamped strip.
Let's hop over and see what Patsy has CASED today.