It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card from the upcoming 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue. The original card is on page 142 (if you have your catalogue already in the mail) and used the Rooted in Nature stamp set.
For my card today I used new products coming on June 1st including a brand new Designer Series Paper called Nature's Poem which according the write up in the catalogue includes "arboreal imagery". The paper includes 12 sheets, 12" x 12", 2 each of 6 designs in Blackberry Bliss (an amazing returning rich purple), Cajun Craze (like in today's card), Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron, Petal Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suite, Tranquil Tide and Whisper White.
I stamped the tree in Soft Suede ink and let it dry throughly and then carefully added the ground and sky around it using Balmy Blue (a brand new colour) and Soft Suede with an Aqua Painter. The colouring is done on Shimmery White cardstock which offers two benefits - the paper is shimmery so it's pretty and it's less porous than other cardstock so it's easier to watercolour with because it won't "pill" easily.
I didn't have a button so replaced it with one of the Gold Faceted Gems. The card base and Designer Series Paper are both Cajun Craze, not a colour I use often but I really love the richness of this card. Patsy and I love this Rooted in Nature stamp set with matching Nature Roots Framelits that we are featuring these products in our June Free Border Buddy PDF Cards.
Read all about my free card program here!
Here's how I made today's card:
Cajun Craze - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper (DSP) - 5" x 3 3/4"
Shimmery White - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
- Fold the Cajun Craze cardstock in half to form card base.
- Stamp the tall tree randomly on the front of the card in Cajun Craze ink.
- Glue the DSP to the front of the card slightly offset.
- Stamp the tall tree in Soft Suede on the left side of the Shimmery White cardstock.
- Colour the sky with Balmy Blue and the ground with Soft Suede using an Aqua Painter. Let dry.
- Stamp the sentiment in Tranquil Tide ink.
- Glue the stamped piece to the front of the card on top of the DSP.
- Cut a piece of White Linen Ribbon and fold in half and glue to top right corner.
- Add a Gold Faceted Gem and then tie a small bow from Linen Thread and glue dot below the gem.
Let's hop over and see what Patsy has CASED today.