It's Card Swap Sunday which is the day I share a card I've created for a swap or received in a swap. Today I'm sharing this beautiful card I received in a swap featuring products from the Share What You Love Suite bundles available in a Sneak Peek preview during May.
I'm not sure what this technique is called but it's something we used to do years ago and it uses an embossing folder to create the raised impression which is then colour with inks using daubers. When you add the ink it makes the embossed images pop. Isn't this lovely? It works beautifully with all the white space left at the top to contrast the burst of colour in the lower corner.
The card also includes other products from the Gotta Have It All Bundle including Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper, Share What You Love Artisan Pearls and the gorgeous Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Velvet Ribbon.
Here's how to make today's card:
Rich Razzleberry: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White: 5 1/4" x 4"
Crumb Cake: 3 1/4" x 1"
Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP): 3" x 1/2"
- Fold Rich Razzleberry cardstock in half to create card base.
- Emboss the lower right corner of the Whisper White cardstock with the Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder using the Big Shot.
- Add color to the embossed image with Pear Pizzazz and Rich Razzleberry inks applied with Sponge Daubers. I find it works best to apply in a circular motion so that ink doesn't pool in one spot.
- Glue the Whisper White piece to the RIch Razzleberry card base.
- Snip the end of the DSP at an angle and glue to the lower part of Whisper White approximately 1/2" from bottom edge and flush with right side.
- Add a piece of Rich Razzleberry ribbon below the DSP (snip edge on angle like DSP).
- Banner cut the left side of the Crumb Cake strip and stamp the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry.
- Add some Linen Thread behind the Crumb Cake banner.
- Punch out the leaf from Vellum Cardstock with the Leaf Punch and add to back of Crumb Cake banner.
- Pop up the stamped banner on the card as shown with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add some Share What You Love Artisan Pearls randomly on the card.
Here are the products you'll need to complete today's project (when you click on the pictures you'll be take to my store for ordering). The Share What You Love Products are only available in bundles until June 1st.
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
Earn Free Stamps during Sale-a-bration Promotion (until March 31st)
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store