t's Just in Case Thursday, the day I share a card that I've CASED from one of our current catalogues. Sometimes I copy it exactly and sometimes I change the colours and stamps.
In a past Just in Case post I shared a card using the We Must Celebrate stamp set based on a card from Page 40 of the Annual Catalogue. Here's my new take on this sketch with a brand new Bundle called Sea of Textures. This was a stamp set and framelits that I could order early before the new 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue is launched on June 1st!
Here is the original card -You can see the earlier post here.
I love all the products in this Tranquil Textures Suite which include the Sea of Textures Stamp Set, Under the Sea Framelits Dies and Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper. I took a piece of our 1/4" Copper Trim and then just grabbed each side and pulled it apart to create the look of a "fishing net". Isn't that cool? I love both the colour and the texture it adds to my card.
The saying "Thanks for reaching out" included in the set didn't fit my theme so I omitted the "for reaching out" and inked up just the sentiment "thanks" in Versamark and then added White Emboss Powder and heat set it.
I've included some of the brand new colours on my card including Soft Sea Foam and Balmy Blue. I love both of these colours.
This stamp set might not be appealing when you first look at it because you might just focus on the Octopus but I saw all the textures which I love and they can be used in so many cards and themes.
These materials can't be purchased until June when the new catalogue launches but here's all the details so you can make the card at home after June 1st:
Night of Navy- 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Soft Sea Foam - 4 1/4" x 3", scrap
Crumb Cake - 4" x 3"
Balmy Blue - 3" x 2 3/4"
Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper - 4 1/4" x 3"
- Fold Night of Navy cardstock in half to form card base.
- Emboss the front of the Night of Navy with the Polka Dot Basics Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Glue the Soft Sea Foam cardstock on the card front slanting towards the right.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper on the Soft Sea Foam cardstock slanting towards the left.
- Cut out the net from the Crumb Cake with Framelit and glue to the front of the DSP.
- Cut a 2 1/8" square from the Balmy Blue (position near the top) using the Layering Squares framelits dies and Big Shot.
- Ink the sentiment* in Versamark ink and stamp on the lower right corner of the Balmy Blue frame. Apply White Emboss Powder and heat set. *you will need to carefully only ink up the word "thanks".
- Pop up the stamped frame with Stampin' Dimensionals in the middle of the card.
- Cut out the coral pieces from the scrap of Soft Sea Foam and glue to the lower left corner of the frame.
- Cut a piece of 1/4" Copper Trim and gently pull the sides outwards to stretch the trim and create a look of netting.
- Glue the trim to the frame with glue dots.
Here's the products I used in today's card (click on the pictures and be directed to my store for ordering):
Let's hop over and see what Patsy has CASED today.
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
Earn Free Stamps during Sale-a-bration Promotion (until March 31st)
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODEhttp://sightseeingvictoria.com/tour-stop/old-town/
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store