It's the third Tuesday of the month so that means it's time for Color Without Borders Series. My Border Buddy, Patsy Waggoner, and I each create a project using the colour palette of the month.
I try and use all the colours in the palette each month and this time I managed to use them all! I'm featuring the Guy Greetings Stamp Set which is an awesome stamp set for the men and boys in your life for any occasion. It's also available in all three of our stamp image offerings - Wood-mount, Clear-mount (red rubber on acrylic block) and Photopolymer (see through). Sadly it's also retiring at the end of May so if you want it you need to purchase it before May 25th.
I stamped the classic car in Early Espresso and coloured it with Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends. The full selection of Stampin' Blends will be back in stock in June and will add 11 new colours! I also added some stars from the Metallic Enamel Shapes. To make a simple but effective look with dimension pair the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies with the Layering Circles Dies and pop them up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
I also added some texture with the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon. To create this look cut off the salvage side on the ribbon and then pull the loose threads. Gather up several of them and tie together in a knot on the front. It's a bit thicker than the Linen Thread.
Here's how to create my card today:
- Crumb Cake - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Early Espresso - 5 1/4" x 4"; 3" x 3"
- Very Vanilla - 3" x 3"
- Sweet Sugarplum - 4 1/2" x 3"
- Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack (DSP) - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
- Score the Crumb Cake cardstock at 4 1/4", fold to form card base.
- Glue the DSP to the Early Espresso layer and glue both to the front of the card.
- Cut out the largest circle from the Very Vanilla cardstock using the Stitched Shapes Framelits with the Big Shot.
- Stamp the classic car in Early Espresso.
- Color the car with Smoky Slate LIght and highlight with the Smoky Slate Dark Stampin' Blends.
- Add some "dirt" under the car using the Crumb Cake Light Stampin' Blend.
- Cut out the scallop circle from the Early Espresso cardstock using the Layering Circle Framelits and the Big Shot.
- Glue the stamped circle to the Early Espresso scallop and pop up on the top of the Sweet Sugarplum layer.
- Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink on the bottom of the Sweet Sugarplum piece.
- Tie the Burlap Ribbon threads around the Sweet Sugarplum above the sentiment and tie in a knot towards the left side.
- Pop up the Sweet Sugarplum piece in the middle of the card.
- Add some stars from the Metallic Enamel Shapes.
Here are the supplies for today's card (click on the picture and be redirected to my online store):
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email,
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store