Every third Tuesday of each month Patsy Waggoner and I will share a card using a colour palette we've chosen and share them with you on our blogs. Our series is called Color Without Borders.
Our February palette is bright and fun! Plus who does want to eat those snowman pops?
My card uses Watts of Occasions stamp set featured in the Annual Catalogue which features light bulbs partnered with some fun sayings! I love stamp sentiments that play on words like the ones featured in this set. The saying has me signing the Debbie Boone song "You Light Up My Life"...try getting that song out of your head now!
- Melon Mambo card base: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
- Pumpkin Pie: 3" x 3"
- Basic Black: 2 7/8" x 2 7/8"
- Whisper White: 3" x 3"; 3" x 1 1/2"
- Tempting Turquoise: 2 1/2" x 7/8"
I love how all these colours just pop off the page - and the light bulb looks like it's actually glowing! I use Daffodil Delight Blends to blend the colours and added Wink of Stella to add some sparkle.
I stamped the light bulb image twice, once on the die cut piece and once on the scrap which I cut out to make the circle and then added some Wink of Stella to make it shine.
Here's the products I used in my card today (click on the pictures and you'll be directed to my online store):
- Fold Melon Mambo in half to form card front.
- Randomly stamp the front of the card with the light bulb image in Melon Mambo ink.
- Cut out largest Stitched Shaps square from the Whisper White piece.
- Stamp the light bulb in the middle of the Whisper White stitched square in Memento ink. Stamp the light bulb again on the Whisper White scrap.
- Colour the bulb using Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends. I started with the light Blend and then added darker Blend near the top and sides and then blended with the light one. Add Dark Blend to the tips of the element.
- Let dry and add WInk of Stella to the coloured area.
- Cut out and pop up on top of stamped image in the stitched square with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- On the back of the Whisper White apply some Fast Fuse and wind some Silver Metallic Thread.
- Glue the stitched square to the Basic Black layer.
- Glue the Pumpkin Pie Square to the Basic Black layer offsetting slightly as shown in picture.
- Stamp the sentiment in Memento ink on the Tempting Turquoise strip and glue to the lower right side of the Whisper White square.
- Add a staple on the left side of the stamped strip.
- Glue everything to the front of the card.